Classic Feature Keys
Feature keys offer a wealth of different functions and indicators that can be very useful to customers. Features such as speed dials, one touch forward or transfer keys, or even ACD login/logout keys can be programmed onto a phone.
Configuring in the Classic Portal
In the DEVICE section, when editing their desk phone, the user will see three fields:
- Feature Name field: which has a drop down menu that lists each feature.
- Phone Number/Code field: A number or extension is entered here.
- Label Override field (optional): Allows the user to enter a custom label for that button
Some of the more popular features:
- ACD Change Status – This allows an ACD agent to change their agent state via their phone.
- ACD Login/Out – This allows an ACD agent to login or out of a specific queue, or all queues they are a member of. This can be designated while programming the device.
- BLF – (an acronym for Busy Lamp Field) This is a multifunctional feature key that is incredibly popular. The main purpose of a BLF key is to monitor a designated extension and to inform the user whether or not the monitored extension is on a call, receiving a call, or not on a call. This key also doubles as a speed dial, and as a transfer key when on a call.
- Call Park – This feature is the one to use when programming call park spots on a device.
- Call Record – When using on demand call recording, this is an alternative to activating call recording via star codes. When programmed, push once to enable recording, and a second time to disable recording. Recording will automatically stop if a call ends before the recording is manually ended.
- Direct Pickup – Allows a user to pickup a call that is ringing on another device.
- Forward – This is a one touch button that will automatically forward all calls from the device in question to a designated phone number or extension. One touch will enable the forward, and a second will disable it. An important thing to note about this feature: if forwarding is enabled on the device, it can only be disabled from the device, it cannot be disabled from the portal.
- Move Call – This feature works as a one touch, “instant transfer” to a predetermined number, usually a cell phone. If activated while on a call, the programmed phone number will ring, and once answered, the call will transfer to that phone and drop off of the Crexendo device.
- Speed Dial – Just as the name implies, a one touch button to call an extension or phone number that is called frequently.
- Status – This feature allows one to change a user status directly from their device, as opposed to doing so via the portal or having an admin change it for them.
- Transfer – A one touch transfer key to a predetermined extension or phone number.