Conference bridges are a great way of meeting via telephone. This cheat sheet contains all the information necessary to operate your VIP conference audio bridges as a Crexendo Office Manager:
- Organizations can have more than one bridge.
- They can optionally be combined with video conferences (VIP HD)
- They can be attached to outside phone numbers where external participants can call in
- Each bridge can have a “leader” who can perform moderator duties.
Getting to your Conference Bridge
A conference bridge is assigned to an extension number by your VIP Office Manager. Internal users can call the extension number while outside callers must dial the outside number if one is assigned. If a leader is required to start a conference, all participants will be sent to a “waiting room” with hold-music.
Two Types of Bridges
As an Office Manager, you can create two types of bridges:
- Dedicated: This type of bridge is intended use by everyone in the company. All office managers will be able to see it in their CONFERENCES area of the portal and they can manage it. They can also manage any participants at meeting time.
- Owned: This type of bridge is intended for use by a specific user which is designated as the “owner”. If assigned one, the owner will be able to see the bridge in their portal and moderate the participants at meeting-time.
Creating and Configuring Conference Bridges
Normally, your organization’s bridges would have already been created by Crexendo at startup. However, VIP Office Managers can create, edit, and delete conference bridges as needed. For training on this topic, refer to the VIP Portal for Office Managers training course.
Regardless of the type of bridge, the Office Mangers and Owners can make changes to the bridge options which include:
- Setting a leader and participant passwords (PIN)
- Require a leader to start conference
- Setting the minimum/maximum number of participants
- Require participants record their name
- Announce participants upon arrival/departure
- Set an outside call-in phone number
Conference Bridge Leaders
All VIP Office Managers and Owners function as bridge leaders. In addition, if a participant uses the Leader PIN to enter a meeting, that person becomes a bridge leader. Leaders also have access to star codes during a conference which assist in moderating :