Time frames are used to help the system utilize time-based routes. By creating a time frame, you can automate the switching of business hours routing to after hours routing, holiday routing, temporary routing, and anything else you may need.
Creating a Time Frame
1. From your portal’s homepage, click the “Time Frames” button in the top bar.
2. Click the “Add Time Frame” button in the upper right.
3. You should now see a prompt like the following (explanations have been added)
4. If selecting “Always”, click save and the time frame will be created.
If selecting any of the other options, please read on.
Days of the week and times
- At the “Add a Timeframe” prompt, select the “Days of the week and times” radio button. The window will change, and show as the following:
- In the above example, this system is configured to have a timeframe that runs during business hours. The frame is scheduled to be active from 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Thursday – with an hour-long group lunch break starting at 12PM to 1PM on Wednesday. The timeframe also runs on Friday, from 9AM to 4PM.
Specific dates or ranges
- At the “Add a Timeframe” prompt, select the “Specific dates or ranges” radio button. The window will change, and show the following:
- In the above example, this system is configured to have a timeframe that runs during this business’s rather unfortunate holiday schedule.
- These dates can be in any order. Note that 8/14/2022 is after 12/25/2022 in this list – this does not matter to the system and it will still work.
- Once a date has been passed, it will not repeat again the next year.
- It is recommended that once a date has passed, updates/changes should be made to a previous entry rather than adding a new one. This helps make it easier to manage.
For Assignments, please go to Time-Based Call Routing