VIP mobile is a mobile app that you log into, using your iPhone or Android device, and it functions as a Crexendo phone. This app has all the features of a regular Crexendo desk phone:
- Make internal office calls as if you were at a desk phone
- Transfer calls, internal and external
- Internal and external (SMS) texting
- View the company directory
- Access to your voicemails
For more training and details, please refer to our online self-paced training course. Contact email@example.com for access to this course.
About This Document
This user guide gives guidance on how to operate VIP Mobile. This document assumes the following:
- You have an operational Android or iOS based mobile device and have downloaded VIP Mobile from your app store.
- You have been given access to VIP Mobile in the Crexendo phone system.
- You have a VIP username and password.
If this is not the case, please contact Crexendo Customer support for help:
- Phone: (855) 211-2255
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all screenshots are from android-based devices.
Launching VIP Mobile
After downloading and installing VIP Mobile from your app store, you will be able to launch the app and sign in using your VIP username. Whenever the app is launched, the Key Pad screen is always displayed as shown below.
A Quick Tour
VIP Mobile Navigation Bar
As shown above, the Navigation Bar has icons which you can tap to access the different areas of the app which are summarized below:
- Quick Dial: Indicated by the STAR icon, this is a fully customizable speed dial list.
- Messages: Indicated by the CHAT BUBBLE icon, this is where all text messages and internal conversations are conducted.
- Key Pad: Indicated by the CLOUD icon, VIP Mobile’s keypad interface is simple and intuitive. Just tap in the digits you need to dial internal extensions or external numbers.
- Contacts: Indicated by the PERSON icon, this displays your smartphone’s contact list as well as a full listing of your internal company directory.
- History: Indicated by the CLOCK icon, this area displays any calls placed, received, or missed.
- VIP Menu: Indicated by the THREE LINES icon, this area gives you access to other great Crexendo features.
Above the Navigation Bar (top right) is the OPTIONS button, indicated by the THREE DOTS icon (Android) or GEAR icon (iPhone), where you can change the app settings.
Your favorite contacts can be added from your internal company directory, your cell phone contact list, or be manually entered. You can see if your colleagues are talking on the phone or if they're even online at all. You can search, sort, and filter this list. Tap the OPTIONS button to display contacts as a grid (shown below) or list format.
As stated earlier, the chat area is where all text messages and internal conversations are conducted. Conversations started here carry over onto our other VIP products such as the VIP Web Phone and vice-versa.
This area is where you make all of your internal and external calls.
As stated earlier, if you have new voicemails waiting, a voicemail button will appear on this screen. Tapping this button will call the Voicemail audio menu system. After the other party picks up the call, this screen will change to the ON-CALL screen. See the next page to explore options when you are on a call.
On a Call
The ON CALL screen offers similar options to our desk phones. It also includes a network statistics page for any troubleshooting needs.
Callers will hear hold music when you put the call on hold by tapping the HOLD button (above).
NOTE: Cold transfers are also called Blind or Unattended Transfers. Warm transfers are also called Attended Transfers
This area includes access to your smartphone’s contact list, as well as full listing of your internal company directory. It is easy to switch between the two directories (see below). Tap the magnifying glass icon (upper right) to search your contacts.
The call history section shows any business calls placed, received, or missed. Tap the magnifying glass icon (upper right) to search your call history. In order to save space, multiple calls to/from the same user are added into one line, and can be viewed individually by tapping on the information icon (i) to the right.
Tapping here will give you access to other great Crexendo features that you see below.
This area enables you to listen to and manage your voicemails visually. This screen does not call the audio voicemail system. You will be able to read your voicemails if the transcription function enabled.
Please contact Crexendo Training if you have any questions: email@example.com