This article contains a short overview and procedure to monitor conversations in your call-center. In order to monitor conversations, you must:
- Have access to the VIP Portal with Call Center Supervisor (CCS) privileges.
- Have a crexendo phone ready and online. This article will assume you are using a desk phone.
Beginning your Monitoring Session
After the CCS logs into the portal:
1. On the Portal, navigate to the CALL CENTER.
2. In the ACTIVE CALLS card, locate the call you wish to monitor. The TO column displays the agent extension number.
3. Hover your mouse over this call entry and click the LISTEN button (speaker icon). After a few seconds, the system establishes the conference and your desk phone will ring. An AUDIO MONITORING card will appear as shown (bottom right).
4. After you answer the phone, you will hear the conversation and the participants will not be alerted that you are listening.
5. In the AUDIO MONITORING card, click the appropriate button:
- Join Call: Speak with both the agent and caller.
- Whisper to [Caller]: This button represents the caller and will only appear if the caller is using a phone on the Crexendo network.
- Whisper to [Agent]: Speak with the agent without the caller hearing.
6. When you are finished advising, hang up or press the END CALL softkey on the desk phone. The AUDIO MONITORING card in the portal will close automatically. You can also click the LISTEN button (not shown).
NOTE: Refresh (F5) your portal browser page before listening to another conversation.
How it Works
All monitoring actions should be initiated from the portal. While in the portal, when the CCS is attempts to listen to a conversation, the portal will create a conference bridge. The conference participants are yourself, the agent, and the caller. You will be connected when the portal rings all the phones belonging to the CCS and will be able to perform various actions.
These actions are:
- Listen: Listen to both the agent and caller while you are muted.
- Whisper to the agent: Be able to speak with the agent without the caller hearing. This gives you an opportunity to coach the agent.
- Whisper to the caller: Be able to speak with the caller without the agent hearing. This option will only be available only if the caller is using a phone on the Crexendo network
- Join the call (AKA Barge): Join the conversation and talk to both the agent and caller. This gives you an opportunity to answer questions the agent may not be able to answer.