Schedules are used within the Crexendo system to automate call flow options within auto attendants and ring groups. There are four types of schedules:
Always: This type of schedule is always on, as the name suggests. This is found in auto attendants and ring groups.
Period: This type of schedule has a definitive start date and time, and end date and time. This is found in auto attendants and ring groups.
Repeat: This type of schedule will repeat on a weekly basis. One has to choose which days, and whether the whole day or a part of the day that the schedule will be active.
Never: This type of schedule will never activate until edited. This is only found in ring groups.
How to Create an Auto Attendant Schedule
Creating a schedule within an auto attendant is a relatively straight-forward process.
1. Right click on the phone menu that needs to be scheduled, but make sure to do so underneath the “Phone Menus” section! Once right clicked, select the “Schedule” option.
2. The screen will change, and show 3 options: Always, Period, Repeat. Choose the desired schedule type (the system will default to “Always” if nothing is changed).
a. Click on the start date field, and a calendar will open up in a small window below, making it easier to select a date.
b. Click on the start time field, and a small window will open below with different times that can be selected (one can directly type in a time as well).
c. Repeat the same for the end date field.
d. Repeat the same for the end time field.
a. Each day of the week will have a checkbox next to it, check the days that the schedule needs to repeat on.
b. The time option will list either “whole day” or “period.” Choose the proper option (period will open up a time range, such as 9am to 5pm).
5. Always: Do nothing, just save the schedule.
6. To save the schedule, click on the button on the top left labeled “Auto Attendant
Ex…” to go back to the main auto attendant page.
7. The schedule is now created, but may need to be prioritized:
a. Auto attendants determine which schedule to follow based on priority, of
which there is a column on the left-hand side. To re-order the priority list,
click on a schedule, drag it to the desired priority level, then “drop” it to
save the change.
b. As a general rule of thumb, “Period” schedules should always be prioritized higher than “Repeat” schedules.
Default Menu: An auto attendant will always choose the default menu if there is no active schedule. It is advisable to only schedule business hours, and set the afterhours as the default menu. This will reduce any needless schedules from crowding the schedule list.
How to Create a Schedule within a Ring Group
A very similar process to the one detailed above is used to schedule a ring group member within a ring group.
1. When adding an individual ring group member, the system will automatically go to the schedule screen right after. Once the desired schedule is chosen, click on the button on the top left to save the change and go back to the main ring group menu.
2. When adding multiple extensions or personal numbers, the schedule option will not appear. To schedule any of the new ring group members, right click on the specific member in question, and select edit. The system will proceed to the
schedule screen, where the desired schedule can be added.
3. The “Never” schedule is available within ring groups, but not auto attendants. This is primarily useful if one needs to temporarily remove a ring group member from receiving calls, without actually taking them out of the ring group. A very common application is for after hours on-call routing.