Hot Desking (or Hoteling) is a workplace system where employees use available desks at different times on a first-come, first-served basis. Companies generally turn to hot desking to maximize space utilization, improve desk efficiency, and reduce real estate costs.
In your Crexendo VIP domain, you have the option to set up your physical phones so that any agent or user can use any phone. This allows the manager or supervisor to avoid assigning specific devices to users and to allow agents or users to work at any desk and keep their extension and phone number without having to move the device.
This guide will walk you through how to setup Hot Desking/Hoteling on the your deck device:
1. Log in to your VIP Portal for Office Managers
2. Navigate to the "Inventory" section and select the "Phones" tab
3. Create a speed dial key on your device using the SNAP Builder on the portal:
4. You will need to create a Sign In AND a Sign Out button:
5. The process for Sign In will prompt you for your Account Number - your extension number. Then you will be prompted to enter your Voicemail Pin to sign in.
6. When you want to Sign Out, it will prompt you for your Voicemail PIN to confirm signing out.