When using Auto-Attendants, many organizations have a holiday schedule set up which triggers the Holiday Menu. Because some holidays "move", that is, they do not occur on the same date each year, it is necessary to update the date of each holiday of the year. This must be done annually.
NOTE: Please update your yearly schedule(s) a few weeks before the actual holiday occurs. You can contact Crexendo Support to assist and verify your settings.
Thanksgiving fell on November 27 last year. This year, the holiday will fall on November 29. If you wish your auto-attendant to play your holiday greeting on November 29th, you must change the "Thanksgiving" schedule in your auto-attendant from the 27th to the 29th.
1. Login to your Crexendo portal, then click on EXTENSIONS.
2. Find the your auto attendant extension and double-click on it to open it up.
NOTE: If you don't know the correct auto attendant extension number, check the default extension listed for your main number in the NUMBERS section or you can contact Crexendo Support for assistance.
In the ANSWERING SCHEDULE section, if the holiday entry already exists, skip to step 4 to edit it.
If no holiday entry exists and you want to create one, proceed to step 3.
3. In the PHONE MENUS section, right-click on the holiday menu/phone menu that needs to be scheduled and select SCHEDULE. Skip to step 5.
4. In the ANSWERING SCHEDULE section, locate the desired holiday entry, right-click on it and click EDIT.
5. The ANSWERING SCHEDULE screen appears. In the NAME field, edit/enter a useful name such as the name of the holiday (e.g. Thanksgiving).
6. In the SCHEDULE field, select PERIOD.
7. In the START and END fields, click to pull up the date/time chooser. Select the appropriate start and end dates and times.
BEST PRACTICE 1: You could set the holiday date/time to start at 12:00am and end at 11:55pm of the holiday. Doing this would play your holiday greeting starting at midnight of the holiday start to midnight of the holiday end.
BEST PRACTICE 2: You could also set the holiday date/time to start on the day before, at your closing time. A Thanksgiving example on Nov 29: If your normal business hours are from 9am to 5pm, you could set the start time to Nov 28th at 5pm (Wednesday closing time) and the end time to Nov 30th at 8am (Friday opening time). Doing this would play your holiday message from Wednesday night to Friday morning.
8. To save the schedule, click the AUTO ATTENDANT EX button (upper left) to return to the main auto attendant screen.
The schedule is now updated/created. Repeat steps 3 thru 8 to update other holiday schedules.
If you need to change any schedule priority, just click and drag it to the top of the schedule list (new schedules are created as lowest priority).