Uploading a .wav File
To create a message or announcement or to add custom Music on Hold using a .wav formatted file that you already have recorded, click the radio button next to the Upload a .wav file as my recording option. Click on the Choose File button to locate the .wav file you wish to upload from the files on your PC.
The recording must be in .wav and mono formats with a Sampling Size from 8bit to 32bit, and a Sampling Rate of either 8khz or 16khz.
There are five limitations that could cause your file to be rejected with an error message:
● "File is not a .wav file." Your file is not saved as a ".wav" file.
● ".wav file is too large (maximum of 30 megabytes)." your file is too large.
● ".wav file has too many channels. It must have only one channel (mono)" the file is recorded as a stereo file. All .wav files used for recordings must be in a mono format.
● ".wav file has duration shorter [or longer] than the minimum [or maximum] number of N seconds." Your recording is either not long enough or too long to meet the minimum/maximum number of seconds. Minimum and Maximum recording lengths are as follows for the individual recordings
○ User Voicemail Prompt 5 – 180 seconds
○ Auto Attendant Phone Menu Prompt 1 – 360 seconds
○ Hunt Group Phone Team Identify Prompt 1 – 90 seconds
○ Hunt Group Phone Team Greeting 1 – 180 seconds
○ Hunt Group Phone Team Voicemail Prompt 1 – 180 seconds
○ Directory Extension Prompt 1 – 360 seconds
○ Custom Hold Music 30 – 900 seconds
○ ACD Greeting 1 – 180 seconds
○ ACD On Hold Announcement 30 – 900 seconds
○ ACD On Hold Chime 5 – 90 seconds
○ ACD Queue Full Announcement 5 180 seconds
○ ACD Voicemail Prompt 5 180 seconds
○ Group Voicemail Prompt 5 180 seconds
If you receive one of these errors, you will be returned to the recording screen to make another selection. Once you have successfully uploaded your file, "No file chosen" will be replaced by the name of the .wav file you have selected. Click the Save button to return to the Edit Options screen.
If you decide that you no longer want a recording, click the Delete button to discard it.
Uploading a .wav File