Auto Attendant Extensions allow callers to hear a recorded message which prompts them to select one of several numbered options associated with the numbered keypad on the phone (“Press 1 for…”). They are then transferred to the appropriate extension. Users can add Phone Menus for each option and Schedule when those menus are invoked.
By default, each account is preconfigured with extensions for VM Pickup, a Personal Extension for the number(s) attached to each device(s), and an Auto Attendant. Users may add, edit, and delete extensions as needed for each business.
The fields are defined below--all are editable.
|Enter or change the name of the extension by editing this field. The names "Anonymous" and "Unknown" are not allowed.
|Enter or edit the extension number. This extension must follow the Configuration Pattern.
|Assign or change the owner of the extension (the person to whom the extension is assigned.)
|Select the default Phone Menu here. This Phone Menu is the one that callers will hear if there are no other Menus scheduled for the time when a call is received.
Schedules allow users to designate times when certain Phone Menus will be active. For example, one Phone Menu can be active during business hours, one for after hours and one for weekends. Users can create multiple schedules for the same Phone Menu.
For example, for the same Phone Menu to be used in the morning and in the afternoon, but not during the lunch hour, first create two schedules, one for the morning hours and another for the afternoon hours. By using schedules, the Crexendo Web Portal automatically directs phone calls to the appropriate Phone Menus at the correct times.
The following fields must be completed when adding an Answering Schedule. Editing follows the same pattern.
- The Name of an Answering Schedule is automatically formatted as: "[name of the Phone Menu] + “Schedule” + NNNNN". The NNNNN represents a number that is automatically incremented every time a new Answering Schedule is created for this same Phone Menu. Rename any Answering Schedule at any time.
- The Scheduling Options are as follows:
- Always — Auto Attendant will always use this Phone Menu.
- Period — Auto Attendant will only use this Phone Menu within a defined period.
- Repeat — Auto Attendant will only use this Phone Menu on specified days and times. If no days are selected, the schedule will apply to all days. "Whole Day" means this Phone Menu will be used all day on the selected days. "Period" means this Phone Menu will be used on the selected days between the specified start and end times.
An Auto Attendant Extension requires at least one Phone Menu--this is where users record the greeting and program the extensions to correspond to the phone's keypad numbers.
If there is no recorded Prompt for an Auto Attendant Menu, any time a call is routed through that particular Extension or Menu it will automatically go to the Voicemail box of the user who is designated the owner of the Auto Attendant. Callers will not have the option of making a menu selection if there is no Prompt.
Adding & Editing a Phone Menu
This page allows Users to create or edit a Phone Menu. Complete the following fields:
- Name - This displays the name originally assigned to the Menu. It may be edited.
- Prompt - Click the Add button to create customized voice prompts.
There are 10 Keypad dropdown menus from 1 to 0 followed by a “Default” option. This is where Users assign the choices that a caller will receive when they press various number keys on their phone’s keypad. Use the dropdown menus to associate specific keys to Menus, Submenus, Extension, or teams.
Default - The Default dropdown menu allows Users to designate what the Crexendo Web Portal should do when the caller waits without pressing a button. Have the caller automatically put through to a team by entering a Hunt Group Extension, repeat the options, or disconnect the caller. Leaving the default as “None” causes the Auto Attendant to repeat its menu options.
Assigning the "After" Timeout
Next to the Default menu option is a dropdown menu with a list of times. Here, select how long Crexendo will wait after playing the selected prompts before executing the Default action.
Prioritizing Phone Menus
Prioritize the order in which the Menus are activated by clicking and dragging the individual rows and moving them up or down in the Menu list.